This video will give you a better understanding of how and when to use a marker.
Mark or Marker (Conditioned-Reinforcers): This is a word or sound that predicts either a reward or a correction.
Your communication channels to your dog (markers or conditioned-reinforcers):
a. Continuation Marker: This sound lets your dog know they are correct, and you will be delivering a reward to them.
b. Terminal Marker: This lets your dog know they are correct, and they may come to you to get the reward. It is a release word that always predicts that a reward is about to be given.
Thanks for watching, and subscribe for new dog training videos every Tuesday!
Check out my show on ANIMAL PLANET: Rescue Dog to Super Dog
Next weeks video: How to know which marker to use.
• How to properly space rewards.
• The four quadrants of operate conditioning.
• What is a self-reinforcing behavior?
• What causes our dogs to repeat behaviors?
• How long should I train my dog?
• Formal vs informal commands.
• Preparing your training environment
• Setting up your dogs training food for the day.
• Proper food handling
• How to load a marker / engagement training
• Fixed and free shaping
• Reward placement
• Luring and chasing
• One command per behavior
• Shaping behaviors
• Teaching and understanding leash pressure
• How to name your dog training commands
• Release word
• Drop it command
• Come when called
• Crate command
• Climb and off command
• How to teach your dog to sit on command
• How to teach your dog to down on command
• How to teach your dog to stand on command
• How to teach your dog to stay
• How to teach your dog to walk on a loose leash
• How to teach your dog to automatically sit when halted
• The random sits and down game
• How to teach your dog to play fetch
• How to get your dog into the car
• How to teach your dog to swim and to get out of a pool
• How to Introducing two dogs
• How to potty train your puppy or dog
• How to teach your dog to signal to go outside
• Confidence building
• What is counter conditioning or re-conditioning
• How to introduce your new puppy to your house
• Walking through doorways
• Teach your dog to properly meet new people
• How to fix behavioral problems
• How to stop puppy biting
• How to stop your dog from getting into the trash
• How to prevent resource guarding
• How to teach sit, down, and stand in motion
• How to teach the place command
• How to teach the center command
• How to teach your dog to walk backwards
• How to teach your dog commands from a distance
• How to teach your dog a down on recall
• How to teach the flip and by finish
• How to teach your dog a send out command
• How to teach your dog the stand for exam exercise (AKC)
• How to teach your dog AKC hand signals
• How to teach the around command and problem solving games
• How to start teaching a focused heel
• How to develop the focused heel
• How to teach the backwards follow exercise to your dog
• How to teach your dog strong eye contact in heel position
• How to teach the backwards follow into heel
• How to solidify the heel position
• How to use the spiral technique
• How to teach your dog a right about turn
• How to teach your dog a left about turn
• How to teach your dog figure 8 heeling
For instant access to all videos visit: NateSchoemerDogTraining.com
Get a copy of my book: